La Chapelle d’Abondance
gîte et chambres
Gîte “Le Détour”
The gîte occupies the upper two levels of an old farmhouse, built in 1787, whose architecture is typical of the Abondance valley. It can accommodate up to 10 people.
The gîte includes:
- three main double bedrooms, each with its own en suite bathroom
- one bedroom containing 4 single beds with its own toilet and hand basin
- one main shared bathroom
- a living room
- a kitchen
- a balcony overlooking the garden
. wifi parking
place to store bikes,skis
Situated in a quiet location in the village of La Chapelle d’Abondance, the gîte has many facilities nearby.
Within 100m from the gîte:
- a bar/restaurant with its own artisanal brewery
- the village dairy for local cheeses
- another excellent restaurant
- a newsagent (tabac/presse/loto/PMU)
- a dairy farm, with its herd of Abondance cows
- a goat farm
- and of course the cross-country ski trails
- and the GR5 long distance hiking trail
Within 300 to 500m from the gîte:
- the tourist information office
- sports shops
- and several other highly-rated restaurants
Within one kilometre from the gîte:
- the village church
- a bakery
- two grocery stores
- a doctor’s surgery
- and of course the downhill ski slopes (two skiing areas, one of which is directly linked with the Franco-Swiss “Portes du Soleil” network of ski resorts).
But you can, of course, just stay at the gîte with a good book !
A few extras for an enjoyable stay:
All bedrooms are properly sound-proofed.
Guests are welcome to use the garden to relax and/or enjoy a barbecue.
A “musical instruments space” is available for musicians.
Tips and advice for outdoor excursions on skis, on snow shoes (raquettes), on foot or even on ropes, to discover the lakes, summits and wildlife.
All the photos on this site were taken here in La Chapelle d’Abondance.